SOLVED

Weekly updates

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekly updates

Dear all,

We're trying to build a weekly e-mail update in Marketo (like a weekly newsletter). We write the content ourselves each week, we already have a list of people to send it to.

How do I build this within Marketo in such a way, that I can:

• Easily change the e-mail every week (we've already built a template)
  • Easily update my list of recipients
  • Can track the performance of the weekly e-mails

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Weekly updates

Hi Gert,

Just create an email program that will be a template for this. Add the email to the program with a dummy content, and a dummy target as well. The every week, clone this template program, change what needs to be changed and shoot.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Gert,

Just create an email program that will be a template for this. Add the email to the program with a dummy content, and a dummy target as well. The every week, clone this template program, change what needs to be changed and shoot.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

So by cloning it, you always keep the stats of all the e-mail you sent?

Thanks for the quick and clear answer!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Gert,

No, each program will have it's own stats. You can even include an email performance report in the program to report for this.

But if you locate these programs all in the same folder in Marketing activities, you can easily create an email performance report that compiles all of these emails.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some more questions about this:

• Do I clone the whole program each week (and all of it's members?) Or just the e-mail within it.
  • Right now i've created a newsletter program. I've ran a test, but I cant change the schedule on it and the e-mail?
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Gert,

If you are using email programs, once they are sent, you cannot edit the scheduling. ONce they are activated neither, but if the email has not been sent, you can deactivate the program and change the schedule.

-Greg