Webinar Partner Preference

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webinar Partner Preference

We are looking to select a webinar vendor and are curious to hear what your experience has been with the different vendors. At the moment we are leaning toward Webex/GoToWebinar; so if you have relevant experience with either we'd love to hear it! Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webinar Partner Preference

We have used both for clients and much prefer GoToWebinar due to its user experience and consistency.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I prefer GoTo over WebEx. I think it's easier to use and we've had a lot less problems with it. We actually have licenses for both within our company however. I think the GoTo integration is a bit better as well because if you're in a tight spot and don't want to create the confirmation email and everything within Marketo, you can still opt to leave the native GoTo ones turned on to send out. I don't believe you can with the way the WebEx integration works.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you look at BrightTalk? They are a really slick, visual platform and don't have issues rendering animations like WebEx/GoTo often do. They also are built on a community so your content stays alive and continues to get viewers for your company's channel. It is really easy to use too - you don't need separate training sessions for executive speakers 😉
Amber_Hobson

We actually just looked at BrightTalk, but had a lot of unanswered questions. And the integration with Marketo didn't seem as complete as it is with GoTo. Would you be willing to chat with me about it sometime to see how it works? I'm very curious.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point - I'm not sure at all if there is an out of the box integration with Marketo, just know from a usability perspective it was a great platform. If you do a high volume of webinars, the integration is probably more valuable/important in the consideration factor.

When I used BrightTalk, there weren't any out of the box integrations 😉 Old school! haha We did custom API work to build form integration between the systems.

It's worth noting that this was at a prior company and I am now using GoToWebinar again. Happy to share what I do remember, though.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We really love ON24.  GoTo is great for giving tutorials, but we found it wasn't seamless for full-on presentations (ie: you can't get the cursor to disappear, polls would close out the PowerPoint presentation, etc).  There was SOME work to do for Marketo integration, but nothing astronomical.

Also remember that GoTo doesn't currently let you use a Marketo email for confirmation.  And when I chatted with BrightTalk, there was email customization, but not through Marketo (it seemed like the operational emails all went through BrightTalk, so you lose some tracking).

The price difference between GoTo and ON24 is a fairly large, but we felt it was worth it due to the ease-of-use and amazing customization options.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be glad to help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenn,

You are correct that the new GoTo platform does not let you use a Marketo email for confirmation. However, the older GoTo platform that a lot of clients are still on- does in fact still allow for this (you are able to turn off all GoTo emails). I just wanted to clarify this in case any existing old platform users were curious.

Thanks!

Andrew

Amber_Hobson

Wow...Now I really don't want to upgrade my version of GoTo. Does anyone know if GoTo will go back to allowing you to turn off their emails? We like to have our confirmation emails go through Marketo so that they can be on a matching template to our invite.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We worked with Marketo and GoTo about this issue and at this time, the upgraded version will not allow you to turn off the emails. We advise all our clients to not upgrade due to this issue. Hopefully, they will resolve this in the future.