Webhook: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webhook: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

Hi Vaclav,

Thanks for the info - this really helped to narrow down the problem.  It looks like our API runs through Amazon Web Services and that can change IPs every once in a while - that's why it works in most cases (where the IPs are currently accepted) but fails in some cases (where AWS has added new IPs and runs the call through it).

Thanks!
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webhook: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

Hello Scott,
I'm glad it helped to find a reason why it does not work. I've been successfull with my problem as well, Marketo by default trusts only peers with certificate authorized by some big CA as Symantec, Comodo etc. our certificate was signed only by our company root certificate.
Even though that my question about this was not answered here I've turned on support and they said that they will install our root certificate on our machine, so now I'm waiting for that. I hope that this will help to anyone who'll get to the same trouble as I.

Thanks to you all,
V.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again,
I'd like to post here a comment for anyone with similiar problem, after three weeks of discussing and waiting for response from support we've got an information that the Company root Certificate can not be installed, so we will create publicly trusted cert.

Regards,
Vaclav.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just chiming back in on this.  I changed the webhook from an XML POST to a JSON GET and it's worked consistently without error.  If anyone is using a webhook, I'd advise using JSON first - it seems more stable and more responsive.

Thanks,
Scott