SOLVED

WebEx Registration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebEx Registration

I am settign up a WebEx event through Marketo and came across this issue/question. We are sending out an email inviting people to the WebEx. The email of course links to the registration landing page/form. Our website also has links to the the webinar. If I have those links on the website go to the Marketo registration landing page/form, will the progressions of those people be tracked in Marketo also since they are technically skipping the 'invited'  progression step?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WebEx Registration

Yes, if you change the link on your website to point to the Marketo landing page and form, the lead will get added to the program membership and registered (assuming you have a campaign listening for the form to be filled out, and the flow of that campaign includes "Change program status to Registered"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a specific reason you want to use Webex for the registration? Just curious. 

We create a Marketo landing page and form for the webinar. We have a campaign that performs the registration:
Trigger > Fills Out Form
Flow Steps > Change Program Status to "Registered" (This passes goes from Marketo to Webex.) and Send Confirmation email.

After the webinar, we have triggers sent for follow up based on Program Status changing. Webex is the one that sends Marketo the information which changes registrants status to "Attended" or "No Show". That usually takes 12-24 hours after the webinar.

I created about 4 webinars per month using the Webex integration. It is possible for the registration to be done with Webex, but I think you have better control if you use a Marketo landing page and form. You also have the opportunity for better branding and messaging.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if i wasn't clear. The email links to a Marketo landing page/form. I am having people register through Marketo.

The issue is the link on our website currently goes to registering through WebEx.

My question is, if on our website I re-direct to the Marketo landing page/form, will Marketo track those people coming in?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if you change the link on your website to point to the Marketo landing page and form, the lead will get added to the program membership and registered (assuming you have a campaign listening for the form to be filled out, and the flow of that campaign includes "Change program status to Registered"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl. However, this problem continues on events not using Webex. I have another event with the same issue. I have tested actual ICS files (not test emails) on 3 separate programs and computers. The event address is: https://app-sjp.marketo.com/#ME1912A1

Here are 2 screen shots of the same ICS file on gmail and Apple mail to confirm:
0EM50000000QmwX.jpg
0EM50000000Qmwc.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carey,

I'm looking at the issue.  The first thing is that there is no my token for Event Location in this program in Marketo.  So that one is not going to resolve properly.  The Detailed Location token didn't resolve when I tested this either, and this is due to the fact that it failed b/c there was a token in the ICS file that didn't exist.  I removed the my.Event Location token since there is no such token, and all is working.  Please try your test again.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cheryl. It is all working now. I appreciate your help.