SOLVED

Want to trigger off of Opp Won, and enroll PRIMARY contact in nurture

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to trigger off of Opp Won, and enroll PRIMARY contact in nurture

I would like to know if it is possible to enroll a lead in a nurturing track.

The trigger would be if they are part of an opportunity which has been CLOSED WON, and ALSO that they are the PRIMARY contact in that opportunity.

The nurture track is for installed base marketing, but we don't want EVERYONE attached to the opp to be enrolled, JUST the primary. I'm having a hard time achieving this with the OPPORTUNITY IS UPDATED trigger.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to trigger off of Opp Won, and enroll PRIMARY contact in nurture

At first I thought some variant of this would work: http://cl.ly/image/1v111i3F0h1G but there is no way to make the filter dependent on a trigger.

Could you have two campaigns?
  • One for when they are added to the opportunity as a primary contact
  • then one when the opportunity closes, with a filter for Member of Smart Campaign = the added to opp campaign.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the best way to do this it have then enter the program off of Opportunity Updated - Status Closed Won.

Another way to accomplish this is to do basically the samething above with the trigger, but instead of adding them to a campaign, you update a field value. From there you nurture campaign can trigger the person to enter that campaign when the data value is updated.

Does that make sense?

All the best,
Craig
Anonymous
Not applicable

Craig I get as far as what you're saying, but how do I filter only those who are the PRIMARY contact role on that opportunity? There is no such filter on the OPPORTUNITY UPDATED trigger
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first I thought some variant of this would work: http://cl.ly/image/1v111i3F0h1G but there is no way to make the filter dependent on a trigger.

Could you have two campaigns?
  • One for when they are added to the opportunity as a primary contact
  • then one when the opportunity closes, with a filter for Member of Smart Campaign = the added to opp campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason you're on to something here with your second idea.

So if I follow correctly:

CAMPAIGN 1: Added to Opportunity, Primary = True
CAMPAIGN 2: Opportunity is Updated, Won = True + Member of Smart Campaign = CAMPAIGN 1

That sounds like it could work!