SOLVED

Waiting on a Drip Email to Make Way for a Blast Email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting on a Drip Email to Make Way for a Blast Email

We have 2 categories of emails 1) Blast and 2) Drip

Our blasts are one-offs that may contain press releases or company news. Our drips are triggered based on when a name is added into the database. Here's the general timing of our drips:

1. Wait 1 week
2. Send Drip 1
3. Wait 3 weeks
4. Send Drip 2
5.Wait 2 weeks
6. Send Drip 3

Because the sends are dynamic, sometimes a drip email send falls on the same day that a blast email is scheduled. What's ideal is that if a blast is sent that day, that any drips going out that day is postponed by a week. For the life of me, I can't figure out a way to do it. I've tried remove from flow, but when reinserted back they start from drip 1 again. Any thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting on a Drip Email to Make Way for a Blast Email

I would suggest date stamping your email sends. Create custom field called "Email Last Sent" and everytime an email is sent you would use the system time stamp to update the field. 

When it is time to send an email you can use a constraint and see if they had received an email in last 7 days. If yes then do a wait until 7 days after "Email Last Sent" date before sending the next email. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

- Jeff

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest date stamping your email sends. Create custom field called "Email Last Sent" and everytime an email is sent you would use the system time stamp to update the field. 

When it is time to send an email you can use a constraint and see if they had received an email in last 7 days. If yes then do a wait until 7 days after "Email Last Sent" date before sending the next email. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

- Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant! Let me try that!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'v started creating the fields and inputting the conditions in Marketo, but there are no options to add conditions in the Wait Flow Step. Where would I set the altered waiting period?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would use an Advanced Wait Step based on the date token. In the wait step the custom date token would be something like {Lead.Last Email Sent} plus 7 days. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome!
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what's weird when I'm inputting the "End on" token, I get an error when I paste {{Lead.Last Email Sent}},but it allows it when I paste {Lead.Last Email Sent}. I thought you needed 2 brackets for a token?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried every permutation and the token {{Lead.Last Email Sent}} doesn't seem to be available