Re: Video Progressions - Vidard, Wistia, etc

Jeff_Coveney3
Level 1

Video Progressions - Vidard, Wistia, etc

Are you tracking the success of individual videos using a Video channel in Marketo? If so, what are you using for progressions? And what is your success?

These tools provide a wealth of video watching intelligence but interested to see how others are tracking at the program level.

Example

3-Minute Demo Video

- Watched 25%

- Watched 50%

- Etc

2019-Q2 Financial Outlook

- Watched 25%

- Watched 50%

- Etc

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Jeff - videos are just another content type in our "website content" channel.  Here are the program statuses within this channel:

pastedImage_0.png

When someone watches a video, they progress to the "Engaged" status.

We use Brightcove as our video platform and it's tightly integrated into our Marketo environment.  For example, each time someone watches a video on our website, the following data is sent to Marketo:

pastedImage_1.png

We score video engagement as follows (based on % watched):

pastedImage_2.png

When we send out alerts (MQL alerts, campaign response alerts, etc.), we also include a history of Interesting Moments:

pastedImage_0.png

As you can see, the video views are listed as generic activity.  Since Marketo doesn't support custom activities in Interesting Moments, some of the the key data can't be included in our alerts.  Which is why I created this idea:

Allow Interesting Moments to include custom activity trigger token values

Jeff_Coveney3
Level 1

Thanks Dan for sharing that approach. Such great intel you are getting out of the system.

Colin_Campbel
Level 2

Hey @dan stevens, great to see your usage of BC tokens. What caught my eye is your ability to show multiple interesting moments in a MQL alert. How did you do that? @

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Colin - check out my reply over in this thread (and download my Summit presentation from last year): Re: Custom Report - All Interesting Moments