SOLVED

Velocity scripts cannot access activities?

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Velocity scripts cannot access activities?

Dear all,

Am I correct to state that it is impossible to access lead activities (neither standard, nor custom) from email scripts ?

The doc mentions custom objects and opportunities, but no activities: Marketo Objects » Marketo Developers

See also the following ideas on this topic:

​ 

Typical use case : sending an email alert to external telemarketing with a summary of the lead activities.

I would like to avoid creating a complete API mechanics just to copy activities in custom objects, with the sole goal to make them accessible from email scripting...

-Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Velocity scripts cannot access activities?

This is correct in your understanding. We have moved to using custom objects, to access the attributes, instead of custom activities but there is an artificial limit of 10 of the most recent objects in email scripting. I have asked that Marketo increase this limit to 50 to allow for further flexibility.

Email me directly brad@upcounsel.com, if you would like to know the key internal people at Marketo working this issue.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Velocity scripts cannot access activities?

This is correct in your understanding. We have moved to using custom objects, to access the attributes, instead of custom activities but there is an artificial limit of 10 of the most recent objects in email scripting. I have asked that Marketo increase this limit to 50 to allow for further flexibility.

Email me directly brad@upcounsel.com, if you would like to know the key internal people at Marketo working this issue.

Thanks!