Validation rules in form builder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Validation rules in form builder

I've added several check boxes which correspond with separate "product interest" fields in the CRM. People submitting the form must select at least one or more boxes. Unfortunately in Marketo each individual field has the ability to be marked as "required" but that would mean in theory every box would need to be ticked, so it won't work.

It would be useful if you could put these checkboxes in a field set and then use "out of the box" vaildation rules to say "required - at least one selection must be made".

I've heard the only way to achieve this would be using Javascript to run the validation rules that aren't supported in the form builder. Does anyone know if there's actually a way to do this within the form builder itself?

0EM50000000SRLb.jpg

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Validation rules in form builder

Hi Nathan,
Not the answer you'd want to hear but I think there's no out of the box solution for this, only Javascript.

As a fallback you can obviously title the fieldset to be (please choose at least one) and have a trigger campaign listening out for the form completions but with those above values empty.

Cheers, Nick

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Nathan,

There're two types for Checkbox type of field. Change the field type from Checkbox(your current setting) to Checkboxes. That would list down the options that can be checkmarked within a single field and the feild can be marked as required. You can edit the values from the right.

0EM50000000SRMA.jpg

Hope this helps!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

To piggyback on Alok's response, if you do this and already have multiple fields for your products, then you will need a smart campaign to transfer the information you're now collecting in a single field into their respective fields.