UTM Values and the Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

UTM Values and the Date

Hi guys,

I've been asked to pass the usual variables into the Lead/Contact record in Salesforce, and I think i'll use Greg's suggestion from another post to push ito specific campaigns as well - but I've been asked to see if I can provide a date value for when the UTM values are pushed - so let's say this is a new lead to the database, via a LinkedIn URL which drives the person to a Marketo form - we get a new lead with the UTM values, and created date is the date that this all happened. But what about for an existing Lead or Contact? Is there a function in Markeot to add a datestamp to a particular activity - in this case the passing of the UTM values?

1 REPLY 1
Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Re: UTM Values and the Date

Hello Michael,

you should already have the date in the campaign response record in SFDC, I think it is called "Date Responded" or something like that. This is the right place for it to be as you may get multiple campaign responses, each with its own date. If you really need to push the data as a separate field, you can set it up in SFDC, for example calling it UTM Date and sync it to Marketo. In your trigger campaign that responds to form submission, you would run a change data value flow step to set it to current date/time if there are UTM parameters being set.

pastedImage_0.png

but again, I would encourage you to see if the Date Responded on the campaign response record is not giving you what you need.

Best,

Pavel