SOLVED

UTM Parameter global and local forms

Go to solution
MariaMarketo
Level 2

UTM Parameter global and local forms

Hi, I save UTM parameters via hidden fields in Marketo. Should I make a distinction between global and local forms?

I have read that with local forms it is better to track the UTM parameters better via the programs, can someone explain why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

Re: UTM Parameter global and local forms

Hi,

I use the same hidden UTM fields in all ( local and global ) forms.

Source, Medium, Campaign, Content, Term

They all have a default value (with the option to take the value from the url parameter ) which is used when someone submits forms via the website in an organic way.

When certain content on the website is promoted via for example a newsletter,  the link in the newsletter contains program specific utm parameters.

As such I can track the form conversions related to for example the newsletter.

Does this help?

Franky Ruysschaert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
markfarnell
Level 2

We use UTMs so that we don't need local forms i.e. we minimise number of global forms in the design studio and use  local smart campaigns (eg form "a" is filled out on page "b") to process the form fill for that program - within that the values captured via UTMs  are used as needed.

Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

Hi,

I use the same hidden UTM fields in all ( local and global ) forms.

Source, Medium, Campaign, Content, Term

They all have a default value (with the option to take the value from the url parameter ) which is used when someone submits forms via the website in an organic way.

When certain content on the website is promoted via for example a newsletter,  the link in the newsletter contains program specific utm parameters.

As such I can track the form conversions related to for example the newsletter.

Does this help?

Franky Ruysschaert