SOLVED

Using TypeKit in Landing Page Editor

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using TypeKit in Landing Page Editor

We are re-designing our landing pages to include some cool fonts using TypeKit, but I am not sure that it is possible for us to be able to view these fonts while working in the LP editor? This makes it a bit annoying to align things, since the font in the LP editor is different from the one which will ultimately render in the browser.

Does anyone use custom fonts and know a possible workaround to this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using TypeKit in Landing Page Editor

So, I talked to several folks and they run into the same issue you do, and get around it by using the preview function. Also, I think our layout might be a little more fault tollerant.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Naor,

This isn't something I've played with much, so I'm not terribly familiar with how TypeKit is implemented. Is it some Javascript on the page and the renders the text differently?

I believe we don't execute Javascript in the editors, but we do in the previewers so that might be what is happening.

-Erik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik. Yes, typekit works like a google fonts API. I do have the fonts installed on my PC however, so I was hoping to at least be able to edit the landing pages with the correct font being rendered. We are using our own fonts in h1,h2 and paragraph styles.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you link to a page using it so I can look at the source?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, just one so far : http://ww2.verilogue.com/definitive-guide-to-dialogue-research.html

Like my theft of Marketo naming convention? 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised, because I saw Marketo's website itself using non web-standard fonts....There has to be a way to create landing pages without the guess work. Or maybe someone at Marketo does what i do which is approve-&-Refresh
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, like I thought before, the issue is that the editor doesn't run Javascript. Preview should show it, so you don't have to approve it all the way.

I'll walk upstairs and chat with marketing on it too and see how they handle it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I knew that limitation, but with custom fonts being all the rage these days I thought there was an easier solution.

Hey I appreciate you taking a trip upstairs! Let me know what they say - thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I talked to several folks and they run into the same issue you do, and get around it by using the preview function. Also, I think our layout might be a little more fault tollerant.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Erik, good to know I'm on the same page as your marketing folks. Will work on the preview mode like you recommend. Thanks for your detective work!