Re: Using Tokens to Evaluate Field Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Tokens to Evaluate Field Data

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a field evaluated based on a token. For example:

Chage Data Value
if lead.Campaign_History not contains {{my.Campaign_Code}}
lead.Campaign_History is {{lead.Campaign_History)), {{my.Campaign_Code}}

Where Campaign_History is a container field for storing conversion codes, and {{my.Campaign Code}} is a locally-set token for a given program.  This would make my life so much easier!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey James,

Tokens are not evaluated in Smart List filters.  In the output of flow steps, however, you can use them in many cases.  For example, Change Data Value can use tokens for the "New Value" parameter, and  they can also be used in Task and Interesting Moment flow steps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny, Yes, I realize they can be used as part of the output of a flow step -- we use change data value to update fields with a value of a token in our campaigns already. What I need is to be able to evaluate whether a flow step should run based on whether a field already contains a value contained within a token (e.g., campaign says I've looked and the field and realized it already contains {{my.myToken}} -- no need to write that data again).
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

James, good idea, please create a new idea in the "Idea" section. This is reviewed by product management and increases the chances of this feature being implemented. 

Thanks, 
Jep