SOLVED

Using tokens for pdf downloads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using tokens for pdf downloads

I am new to Marketo and am currently setting up all of our nuture programs.  Many of these email campaigns include a pdf to download.  I have uploaded all of the pdfs to the Design Studio for easy access.  I am using the my Tokens to pull the correct download for each email.

In the Smart List, I have a trigger pointing to the Click Link in Email, which pulls http://{{my.Offer URL}} for the pdf.  I am able to activate the campaign and run a test send,  when I click in the test email, my campaign is not registering the click.  When I replace the token with the actual link, it doesn't work either.

Isn't the purpose of tokens to make tasks like this easier?  Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using tokens for pdf downloads

Figured this out - I'm using the Clicks Links in Email trigger, but using contains .pdf and then specifiying which email the pdf is in.  Using the token in the trigger just doesn't register a clicked link.

Thanks for your help Naor!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test emais send dummy tracking code. Try it with actually executing the campaign with your own email in the smart list ("email address= " filter and use your own email)
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is actually the way that I am testing the email - I've set up an identical Send campaign titled Send (Test) and it's still not registering my clicks and conversions.

Any other suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing a few screenshots of the triggered campaign which is not working for you? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use tokens the way you've described, but I wonder if it isn't setup to work that way. Your way seems like it would be great for shortcutting when cloning programs. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing - this is the Converted Campaign that is supposed to capture anyone who clicks the link to download the pdf, which is our defined Success.  Let me know if you have any questions.

0EM50000000Qklp.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe try removing the http portion and just leave the token? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wait, I have another idea - Instead of link IS, try link CONTAINS. that helps with url triggers, at least in my experience. So remove the http:// and also do CONTAINS for the filter. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Naor,

I tried that, but it's still not registering that I click the link and the campaign is not changing my program status to converted....this is proving to be a tough one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

yikes. time for a support ticket?