Using Seed Lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Seed Lists

We recently had our Revenue Cycle Model set up and activated. For all eblasts, I'm adding in a filter to not send to anyone marked as 'Not a Lead', however, all our internal employees and partners are marked as Not a Lead also. I set up a few static seed lists to be sure that our internal employees receive all outgoing communications. However, I sent an email this afternoon and included the seed list and none of our employees received the email. Is there something special i should be doing when I set up the seed lists? Do I need to mark them special or how do they work exactly?
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Seed Lists

Can you share a screenshot of the smartlist of the campaign? My first bet would be that you have set the filters to "All" instead of "Any". This would have resulted in nobody receiving anything, as nobody is in both filter criteria (recipients and seed list). Other options are you have used tokens in the from address of the email, but they were not populated (which results in a soft bounce).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I did use an 'ANY, not an 'ALL'. No tokens were used either.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the mail addresses on the seed list exist in the results of the smart campaign? In other words is there any log available?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I ran the campaign, yes - I double checked in the Schedule tab to ensure we were going to receive the email. However, no ... now that it's sent we do not appear.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are not in the "results" tab of the smart campaign that sends the email, my guess is you where considdered to be sent to (at the time you pressed the button). This could have several reasons.

One reason could be that the seed list was in use. E.g. if you import leads in to a list, the list is unavailble until that import is finished. You can't select it in smartlists for example. Or you can't see the leads within the list. So maybe you selected the seed list, but by the time you pressed the button a colleagues imported a few new names in to the seed list (or deleted some).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional suggestions... but I don't think that could be the case either. All these names were already in our database, I simply just added them onto the seed list. We also don't have anyone else working in the lead database from our company right now other than me. The email I sent still went to everyone on my Attended Tradeshow list, so i know it has something to do with this seed list. There are no special configurations or anything that needs set up before using them, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but when did you add the existing leads/contacts to that seed list? At the time of sending the campaign? This might have caused the seed list to be locked.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added everyone about 2 hours before, would that have locked it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

should not be the case, but I have had 2 occassions where I experienced a long freeze for over a day. I even created a support case for it. And somehow the freeze was over, before the support engineer looked at it. So this could have happened. But you can check if it's locked. Just access the list and click on leads. If locked it will not show you the leads and it will display a message the list is in use. So if not in use right now. it's okay for next mailings, which I would do a test first 😉