Using RTP with updated jQuery and jQueryUI dependencies?

bartjohnston
Level 1

Using RTP with updated jQuery and jQueryUI dependencies?

We're going through a security audit, and one of the requirements is to ensure that any jQuery usage is v3.0 or newer.  Unfortunately, RTP loads very old jQuery (1.8.3 - released Nov 2012) and jQuery UI (1.9.2 released Nov 2012) dependencies.

I understand that it is possible to file a ticket for Customer Support to remove those autoloaded dependencies -- usually so that you can take advantage of an instance of jQ that might already be loaded on-page.

But what I'm curious about is whether anyone is taking advantage of this option, AND is using RTP with much newer versions of jQuery (>=3.0) + jQuery UI? I'm having a difficult time figuring out a way to test this without pre-emptively having Customer Support disable autoloading of those libraries.

Any experience or insights from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
NFV_APV
Level 2

Re: Using RTP with updated jQuery and jQueryUI dependencies?

Hi Bart, 

We are having a similar issue. We deployed something that uses v3.6. It looks like RTP.js is using 3.7 (not a developer but it looks like it is). So, the new feature was breaking on the website and we realized it was because the two scripts were firing jQuery. 

Would you mind sharing how you guys ended up dealing with the issue?