SOLVED

Using inactivity filters

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using inactivity filters

Hi,

I am setting up an Email Blast that I would like to send to leads who A) were not delivered a certain email and B) are not members of an engagement program. I am trying to figure out how to best apply filters to my smart list in order to achieve this.

Is there an advantage to using the "Was Delivered Email" filter or the "Not Was Delivered Email" filter, and are they set up correctly to meet my criteria?
0EM50000000T3sx.png

Is there an advantage to using the "Member of Engagement Program" filter or the "Not Was Added to Engagement Program" filter, and are they set up correctly to meet my criteria?
0EM50000000T3t2.png

Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using inactivity filters

Hi Mary,

For your first requirement of "leads who were not delivered a certain email":
Both filters you have shown will behave exactly the same. I personally would use the "Not was delivered email" filter along with "email is" as it is just a more direct statement.

For the second requirement of "are not members of an engagement program":
The filters shown will actually behave differently. The filter of "not was added to an engagement program" looks at a leads entire history. Therefore, if a lead once belonged to a program but is no longer a member, they would be excluded via this filter and the way you have it set. This is because they were in fact once added to the program in the past.

I assume you wish to more specifically target current day non-members of a program. If that's correct, I would use the "member of engagement program" filter exactly the way you have it configured. This only filters based on program membership specifically at the time of cast or trigger event.

Hope this helps!

-Kai H

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mary,

For your first requirement of "leads who were not delivered a certain email":
Both filters you have shown will behave exactly the same. I personally would use the "Not was delivered email" filter along with "email is" as it is just a more direct statement.

For the second requirement of "are not members of an engagement program":
The filters shown will actually behave differently. The filter of "not was added to an engagement program" looks at a leads entire history. Therefore, if a lead once belonged to a program but is no longer a member, they would be excluded via this filter and the way you have it set. This is because they were in fact once added to the program in the past.

I assume you wish to more specifically target current day non-members of a program. If that's correct, I would use the "member of engagement program" filter exactly the way you have it configured. This only filters based on program membership specifically at the time of cast or trigger event.

Hope this helps!

-Kai H
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was very helpful. Thank you very much!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it was helpful. I also should have stated: With just the filters you have pictured above, you will be targeting anyone who has not had the email in question delivered. This includes people who were never sent the email to begin with.

If you want to target only those leads for which the email was actually sent, but not delivered, add a filter for "was sent email".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point -- thank you Kai!