SOLVED

Using Duplicate Content in Engagement Streams

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Duplicate Content in Engagement Streams

How does Marketo handle duplicate content across engagement streams from within the same engagement program? Will it get skipped, even if the lead was in a different stream when they first received the email?

I am setting a Nurture Stream for a product launch, and I'd like to have 3 separate streams:

1. People that have not shown interest in the product yet but are on our target list
  2. People that have shown some level of interest in the product
  3. Another one that doesn't matter for this question

I'd like to have the same email in Stream 1 and 2. My question is: if someone transitions from Stream 1 to 2, and Email A was the first email in both Stream 1 and Stream 2, when a lead transitions from Stream 1 to 2, are they still at risk of getting Email A?

I feel like the answer is no, Marketo will skip Email A and start sending the lead whatever email is next in the Stream that they haven't already received, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Using Duplicate Content in Engagement Streams

Hi Marcie Polansky​,

Marketo will skip the email if they have already received it in one of the other streams.  It does this by looking at the id number associated with the email.  This means that you should be using the exact same email in each stream, not a clone or a copy.

Thanks,

Gerard

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Using Duplicate Content in Engagement Streams

Hi Marcie Polansky​,

Marketo will skip the email if they have already received it in one of the other streams.  It does this by looking at the id number associated with the email.  This means that you should be using the exact same email in each stream, not a clone or a copy.

Thanks,

Gerard