URGENT: Recent Munchkin JS Update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

URGENT: Recent Munchkin JS Update?

We have just observed what appears to be some updates to Munchkin.JS that have broken the Marketo integration in our testing environment.

1. A variable we rely on window._MchSingle is no longer present
2. Some new variables are defined, eg: window.Munckin

Could you please confirm this? Is there somewhere this is documented? Because we observed the changes after spending hours trying to debug the issue. We were hoping to do beta testing with a Marketo customer of ours today when we realised this.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: URGENT: Recent Munchkin JS Update?

There was a recent update to Munchkin in the July release: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LKMcCAO#new-improved-munchkin

You can probably find out more on the Marketo Developers Page: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/lead-tracking-munchkin-js/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact Support for assistance as this is core functionality and it should fall under their support burden.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Val, Jason, I am unable to get through to support. Apparently Launchpoint partners do not have access to Support...

I have specific questions about when the current version of Munchkin will be deprecated. Will the current/previous version be valid at least for the near term future? This is important, and I'm sure we're not the only integration partner to be impacted by this. This will affect your customers as well. Cheers, Anthony.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anthony - I am talking with the product team to get answer for you on this. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Murtza. Looking forward to an update on this. Just for clarity, 142 is the version of Munchkin that we are currently using. 147 is what appears to be the new version you released.

Also, there used to be accomodation to add a token mkt_tok directly as a parameter in window._MchSingle object; now it can only be taken as a query string param. Could you also enquire about this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anthony,

mkt_tok can be passed in as an option when you make the Munchkin.init call. So you could for example do.

Munchkin.init('123-ABC-456', { 
mkt_tok: myVar })

Please keep in mind that this still needs to be a valid mkt_tok that was generated by the Marketo system.