SOLVED

Uploading List as Untrusted Source

Go to solution
Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

Uploading List as Untrusted Source

I am new to Marketo and need to know how to upload a list as an untrusted source so it won't append any of the data in my existing records. I don't see it as an option, but I know our consultant said it was a feature. What am I doing wrong?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Uploading List as Untrusted Source

That is not the case, Meredith.  Skip new leads and updates will match records from the CSV based on Email Address, and then add the matching records from your Lead database to the static list.  It will not create any new records or change any fields values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Meredith,

If you just want to add leads to a static list from a CSV, you can use the 'skip new leads and updates' option frmo the uploader.  this will prevent all inserts and updates to ecords from the upload.
Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

Hi Kenny,
Does this mean that 'skip new leads and updates' will actually prevent all the leads (including the new ones) from entering the database at all so they will only live in the static CSV list? If so that is exactly what I need.

Thanks!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

That is not the case, Meredith.  Skip new leads and updates will match records from the CSV based on Email Address, and then add the matching records from your Lead database to the static list.  It will not create any new records or change any fields values.
Meredith_DAmbri
Level 2

Thank you Kenny!