Unsubscribe link clicks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsubscribe link clicks

I know unsubscribe link clicks aren't usually counted as clicks in reporting, but we have a unique case and I'm wondering how to resolve. We're sending people into our Community to unsubscribe, so they'll be unsubscribed from all messages, so we've changed the URL to which they're directed. If we simply add mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## to that URL, will Marketo exclude those link clicks from reporting?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: Unsubscribe link clicks

So the Unsubscribe HTML from Admin > Email in Marketo looks something like this:

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. Please do not <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a>. </font> </p>

So long as unsubscribe footer is placed using the Unsubscribe HTML field in Admin > Email, and it includes the URL parameters mkt_unsubscribe=1 and mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##, then I *believe* it will exclude those link clicks from reporting, and still create the Unsubscribe From Email activity in the lead's activity log, and add to the unsubscribed column of the Email Performance Report.

Of course, you'll want to test that thoroughly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drew, testing is the way to go, but as Grant said, adding that tag should do the trick.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so if we're handling the unsubscription language in our email templates and overwriting the Admin unsubscription html, then we're screwed, is that right?