SOLVED

Unsubscribe affecting link tracking

Go to solution
alec_haase
Level 2

Unsubscribe affecting link tracking

Hey All,

We do not use the Marketo unsubcribe page and have our own unsubscribe page linked in the footer.

Is there a way to have these clicks not count in our performance reports? I do not want to filter out people who did not click that specific link because I still want their sends/delivers/opens.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Re: Unsubscribe affecting link tracking

Hi Alec,

you can disable tracking of the unsubscribe link in email either in the UI (if it is editable) or by adding the class="mktNoTrack" if the link is coded in email template. It will then not show in reports. You should add ?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## to the end of the link to make sure the person's web session is still tracked, even though the click itself is not.

Pavel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Alec,

Some ideas:

• use the Email Link Performance Report to parse out clicks in the email specific to that unsubscribe or any other link in the email
  • build a smart list of clicked link in email, with a constraint that excludes the unsubscribe link
  • build an email report and add the smart list filter "Clicked Link in Email" (select your email) with the constraint "Link is not = (your unsubscribe link)"

Please elaborate on your question if the recommended solutions do not meet your needs. Let me know if these help!

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hi Alec,

you can disable tracking of the unsubscribe link in email either in the UI (if it is editable) or by adding the class="mktNoTrack" if the link is coded in email template. It will then not show in reports. You should add ?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## to the end of the link to make sure the person's web session is still tracked, even though the click itself is not.

Pavel

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Everything you need to know is here: The comprehensive guide to setting up the unsubscribe link

-Greg