Re: Unable to send a sample email

Christine_Rios
Level 2

Unable to send a sample email

I have been trying to send an approved email draft to my personal email for review for the past few days, and have yet to have a successful attempt. Can someone please look into this?

25 REPLIES 25

Does Marketo report an error or you just don't receive the test email? Have you tried to sent it to another email address?

Christine_Rios
Level 2

I just don't receive the email. I have tried multiple email address with no luck

Are those addresses on different domains or on the same (your corporate) domain?

Christine_Rios
Level 2

I've tried using different domains as well as the same (corporate) domain - no luck.

But is this a general Marketo issue or just specific to a single email in a program/campaign?

Christine_Rios
Level 2

Unclear at this point. This is my team's first time using the platform, and we plan on distributing emails on Friday but would like to conduct testing prior to that.

Then maybe the best is to first verify your instance setup, especially email deliverability: Setup Steps - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

• Do you have a subject line defined?
  • Do you have a proper footer/disclaimer (with Unsubscribe link) at the bottom of the email?
  • Have you whitelisted Marketo IP addresses with your internal IT team (many organizations will quarantine Marketo-sent emails)?
Christine_Rios
Level 2

• Yes
  • Yes
  • It may be blocked internally, but it shouldn't be blocked on my personal email address