Unable to register for Marketo Summit

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unable to register for Marketo Summit

I just tried to register today to get the early bird discount.  When entering my last name and email, Marketo doesn't recognize me as a customer.  When I proceed to create a new profile, it says a profile already exists and to login using this email.  It's an endless loop.  As a customer since May, I would think Marketo would recognize me as a customer.  I'm using the same name/email that's part of my Marketo profile.  Are any others having issues with this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to register for Marketo Summit

Hi Dan-
Do you have your MKTO profile identified with any other piece of data after your last name?  I had the same problem and it was because in our MKTO setup, our users are listed as "Brigid Greenway (PRODUCTION)" so as to identify them in the Production instance versus our Sandbox instance.  Since my last name is technically "Greenway (PRODUCTION)", the events sign-up system was not "finding" my last name and it would send me to the new user sign up page where I was told that my email address was already associated to an identified user.

If this is the case, I'm not sure if the change can be made at your end or on theirs - but it can be adjusted if you email them at least.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan - I'm so sorry you're experiencing issues with the registration process. I've let the guys in charge of registration know, so this should be resolved as soon as they come online!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dan, if you email me your desired email address, I'll get to the root of the problem. rick@marketo.com 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again! After a quick look, Brigid is absolutely right! Your last name was "Stevens (sandbox)".  You should be able to register now. I'll make sure you get the Super Early Bird pricing.