SOLVED

Re: Unable to create Email Template via postman

Go to solution
SaraUsman
Level 2

Unable to create Email Template via postman

Hi, I am trying to create EmailTemplate at Marketo using the following endpoint/requestBody via postman, but its not letting me create one. The accesstoken is fine. I have tested with a successful GET request. I am following the syntax mentioned in the API docs:

https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/asset-endpoint-reference/#!/Email_Templat...

SaraUsman_0-1627379763909.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @SaraUsman 

I tested the flow through Postman and figured out few things which you've to change in your API Call.

1) Make sure you are passing the data in body as "form-data"

2) The folder value you are passing is also incorrect, make sure you are getting the folder id by calling Marketo API Asset - Marketo Developers

3) For the "content" use "Metadata-file" (means .html file) instead of passing html directly in parameter

Screenshot of my sample template creation call:

Arun_Sharma9_0-1627454606467.png

Result:

Arun_Sharma9_1-1627454850920.png

Folder ID:

Arun_Sharma9_2-1627454908450.png

Thanks,

Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

It seems you are missing "access_token" in your request.

EDITED by moderator: the access_token must be correct above, or the server would throw a different error.

Arun Sharma
Arun_Sharma9
Level 4

Hi @SaraUsman 

I tested the flow through Postman and figured out few things which you've to change in your API Call.

1) Make sure you are passing the data in body as "form-data"

2) The folder value you are passing is also incorrect, make sure you are getting the folder id by calling Marketo API Asset - Marketo Developers

3) For the "content" use "Metadata-file" (means .html file) instead of passing html directly in parameter

Screenshot of my sample template creation call:

Arun_Sharma9_0-1627454606467.png

Result:

Arun_Sharma9_1-1627454850920.png

Folder ID:

Arun_Sharma9_2-1627454908450.png

Thanks,

Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma