Trouble with Snippets and Segmentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble with Snippets and Segmentation

Hi Community, 

I am having trouble linking my snippets and my segmentations.  I am trying to set up snippets for all of my lead owners so their signature, etc, will automatically be populated in their emails.  I have set up a segmentation of all of the lead owners and now I am setting up their snippets.  After the snippet is created how do I identify which segment goes with each snippet?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Trouble with Snippets and Segmentation

When you create your snippet, there's a sidebar that says "Segmentation" -- you select the "Segment By" option and it will list all of your segments you've created. Select your lead owner segment, and then you'll be able to click on each option and alter the snippet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Matt!  I tried that but it still doesn't seem to work.  When I click on the lead owner the window goes yellow for a second, so I assume that it saved.  But when I go to the email to add the snippet/replace with snippet it makes me choose a specific owner, I want Marketo to automatically pick the right snippet based on the leads lead owner. Is this possible?
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

That's how it should function -- you select the area of your email and choose "Replace with Snippet," which is what it sounds like you're doing. You shouldn't have to do any other customization within the email.

Are you sure the snippet saved properly with the segmentation and is approved?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it is!  I have no idea why its not working.  Thanks for your help!! I will try and contact support cause I would really like to get this feature to work.