Triggers for Progression Statuses- Sent v. Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggers for Progression Statuses- Sent v. Delivered

For each of my programs, I have a smart campaign to listen for certain actions to change the progression status. For the Sent progression, the trigger I'm using is "Email is Delivered", but this trigger should be used for the "Delivered" progression status.

Should I add a flow step to the "Send Email" smart campaign to change the progression status to "Sent"? I don't see another trigger that would fit in this scenario.

JK
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Triggers for Progression Statuses- Sent v. Delivered

Agree that the trigger is missing and that a flow step in the smart campaign would be the best workaround.

You should submit this as New Idea as the workaround is unintuitive.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Charlie. I'll submit the idea and see what happens!

JK
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

What we do, actually, is that we load everyone with a status of "Pending" for our emails. Then we use the trigger for Email is Delivered to change the status to delivered. Anyone who doesn't change from pending to delivered is sent to our reps as a notification of a possible problem with their email. This allows them to easily see the bounces or any bad email addresses. Just a thought!
Anthony_Pica
Level 4

Like Amber, we set everyone to Pending. Then when we send the email, we change the status to Sent. Then if Marketo determines the email was probably received, we change the status to Delivered.