SOLVED

Triggering Auto-Email Alerts from a Specific Form Field Picklist Selection?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggering Auto-Email Alerts from a Specific Form Field Picklist Selection?

I'm working on a campaign that needs to send an email alert to our Channel Sales VP whenever one of the form field's picklist values is set to "Yes."  Does Marketo have the ability to trigger auto email alerts from a specific selected form field value during form fillout?

If so, how is this done (I looked at the "Add Constraint" options on the "Fills Out Form" trigger, but no help there)?  

If not, how else would I possibly do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Re: Triggering Auto-Email Alerts from a Specific Form Field Picklist Selection?

Hi Justin,

You wouldn't need to use the Data Value Changes filter. The Lead will be created with that value already filled in. For example, let's say the field you wanted to look at is State and you wanted to send a notification any time a Lead from CA fills out the form. The smart list would be:

• Use ALL Filters
  • Trigger - Fills Out Form
  • Filter - State = CA

As long as the field you are concerned about exists in Marketo and is not hidden, it will be available as a filter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hey Justin,

You could just add an additional filter, where the picklist value = Yes:

• Use ALL Filters
  • Filter - Picklist Value = Yes

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Conor - to clarify your third bullet-point:

• Filter - Picklist Value = Yes ==> Do you mean a "Data Value Changes" filter here?

I'm configuring the smart campaign with a "Fills Out Form" trigger, and then the suggested "Data Value Changes" filter for the specific form field, where Previous Value "Is Empty" and the New Value is "Yes."

But, if this is going to be a brand-newly created lead, how is a FILTER going to key off of a field value that Marketo doesn't (yet) see in its system? I'm going to test this right now and let you know what happens...

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

Hi Justin,

You wouldn't need to use the Data Value Changes filter. The Lead will be created with that value already filled in. For example, let's say the field you wanted to look at is State and you wanted to send a notification any time a Lead from CA fills out the form. The smart list would be:

• Use ALL Filters
  • Filter - State = CA

As long as the field you are concerned about exists in Marketo and is not hidden, it will be available as a filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin, 

Conor is correct if you would like to set up smart campaigns for each partner that have specific perameters.

If you had fewer options you could set up the smart campaign

Smart Campaign
-Fills Out Form

Flow Send Alert
-Add Choice
If Field Value = Yes > VpChannelSales@yourcompany.com, JustinM@yourcompany.com
If State = Wyoming > Conatact@CompanyB.com
Default = JustinM@yourcompany.com

You can base a choice on any field and it will send to the first person or people that it qualifies for.

Good Luck!

-Ryan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys! Conor's second case comment did the trick.