Trigger campaign when company name changes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trigger campaign when company name changes

I'm struggling to get a trigger to work. Basically I want the smart campaign to trigger when a contact is added to a certain company so I can run a flow to put that lead on marketing suspend. Right now I have it set up this way to catch leads when they are created for this account or when a contact is moved to this account from a different one:

0EM50000000Qv8U.jpg
This works when a new lead is created, but I cant get it to run the flow when I change the contact to this company in Salesforce.com. 

Any ideas?
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trigger campaign when company name changes

Clone it and set up a new campaign removing the first step - lead is created.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Angela I'm still not having any luck...
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first thought is if a lead is created and is new, the data value is not going to change so get rid of this trigger. I had this same issue and this worked for me. Also make sure you put the email may contain @blah blah company so do the company = blah OR email contains blah company. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChristinaPappas Right, but I'd like to trigger the flow in both cases - any lead added to this account needs to have Marketing Suspend set to "true". 
Anonymous
Not applicable

So clone it and have 1 with Trigger lead created and company or email is blah. Then the 2nd smart campaign triggers when data value changes (again either company name or email). Try that. Since you cant do logic for triggers, you need to have separate smart campaigns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried to separate it so I have only the trigger for "Data Value Changes when the new value is xxx". This still doesn't seem to work. I'm working with support. Will report on what I find out. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as well.

Christina, you mentioned "My first thought is if a lead is created and is new, the data value is not going to change so get rid of this trigger"

Is this true? Will this trigger only work correctly for leads already in the system?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a lead comes in, it comes in with data values in place. Nothing is 'changing' if you consider it that way. Make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense, Christina!

So if i would want to trigger leads, both new and old, based on a value change what would my smart filter look like?

Thank you in advance!