Traffic Cop to Pause Nurture Campaign for another email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Traffic Cop to Pause Nurture Campaign for another email?

I have a nurture campaign going on that I add leads to every week.  I want to be able to pause any emails scheduled to go the same week I send my monthly newsletter so that the person doesn't get the nurture email and the newsletter on the same day/week.  Ideally I would like to just pause the nurture campaign a week or certain number of days before sending the next email in the campaign.  Has anyone set up a "traffic cop" scenario like this? 

Currently my nurture campaign is 6 emails over a 10 or so week period. All the emails are in one flow step of a campaign that is triggered either by adding them through a Marketo Flow Step or Sales Insight.  My newsletter is a batch program and I don't want to exclude the people in the nurture campaign.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Traffic Cop to Pause Nurture Campaign for another email?

With your current design, the 6 emails are a moving train and you want to pause the train at certain points.  

To implement this, you would need the primary campaign to stop everytime it sends a nurture email and wait until thats completed before sending the next one.  So it might look like this:

Campaign A: when requested, request sub campaign to send next email in the nurture track.
Campaign B-G: when requested, check if lead is eligible to receive email.  If eligible, send email, wait 1 week, then request Campaign A.  If not eligible, wait 1 week and check again.  Continue checking for 5 weeks or so (this will need to time out.)

You'll also need a campaign to stop the flows in Campaigns B-G when the emails are actually sent.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Traffic Cop to Pause Nurture Campaign for another email?

The new customer engagement module and communication limits feature will make this super easy!  It's coming to you soon ... in our June release!