Re: Traffic Controller and Nested Programs in a Nurture

SamZ
Level 2

Traffic Controller and Nested Programs in a Nurture

I'm changing our engagement program structure and have read through all the documentation on nested programs and traffic controllers. I'm looking for clarity on the following: 

1) Is the traffic controller a separate program that lives outside of the engagement program? Or, should it be a nested program within the engagement program? 

2) If using nested programs, when you're adding the program to the stream, I assume the smart campaign you select is the smart campaign that's designated to actually send the email?

Thanks in advance for your help - just want to make sure I'm clear on the setup!

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Hi @SamZ ,

1. Do you mean to move people between streams in the engagement program, or to put people into the correct engagement program? For the former, yep, smart campaigns that live within the engagement program. For the latter, outside.
  2. The smart campaign you select is the one you want to fire when the "cast" is triggered at the engagement stream's cadence. Generally speaking, this is a smart campaign that sends the email, but it doesn't necessarily have to be (for example, you could call a webhook, change a data value, etc etc). But I'll keep it simple and say yes 🙂
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @SamZ 

A good reference article for Marketo Nested Programs in Engagement Programs: Marketo Success Series: Engagement Programs

Hope this helps

Floyd