SOLVED

Tracking YouTube Links

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking YouTube Links

I run numerous campaigns that contain YouTube link and currently I am unable to track the amount of clicks the link gets.
I understand we are not able to track youtube links because they are external but does anyone have any custom code they could share that can be added to a Landing page that will allow us to track the clicks.
Also does anyone have any suggestions on how we can track YouTube links in emails.

Look forward to your feedback.
Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking YouTube Links

One option is taking a screen shot of the player ready to start the movie, adding that image to the email and link the image to youtube.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

One option is taking a screen shot of the player ready to start the movie, adding that image to the email and link the image to youtube.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno,

I have tried this in both the Landing Page and email and when I pull a smart list to say:
Click link in email, link contains: ... 
It still gives me no results even though I have sent the email to myself and clicked the image.

Any other suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karen,
If you use our Youtube video social app, you'll be able to use the social filters/triggers listed near the bottom of this page -

https://community.marketo.com/apex/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L7xgCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Raj, your suggestion is valuable for instances subscribing the social add-on. I fully endorse it.

However it does not apply to CommScope (yet).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Karen, what is the landing page and email ? (just name or the program name).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Breno,

I must be going crazy, I tested it again and it is finally populating the smart list.
Thanks so much for your help.

It is great to hear about the social app, I did not know about this. Hopefully we will get to use this soon.

Thanks again.