Tracking Which Channels Were Most Effective Getting Leads to Events

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Which Channels Were Most Effective Getting Leads to Events

I am wondering what is the best way to determine which channels were most effective in getting leads to our events. We are already using URL tracking to see where our leads are coming from. We have a field called Referral Source which identifies the broad channel (e.g. email, our website, PPC) and then another field called CampaignID which provides more detail (e.g. the specific email, the page on our site, the specific Adwords campaign). I thought about using the fields we already have set up to track how people get to our events; however, I thought of a few issues that would arise:

* We use these fields to determine where our demo requests come from. So using these existing fields will possibly mess up the data on which channels are working best to secure demo requests

* I'm not sure how we track things a few months down the road? For instance, if in three months I want to see how many people came to an event we conducted this month, there's a chance that many of them attended events since then (thus overwriting the existing fields).

I thought about creating another set of fields but specifically for events. But the second issue would still crop up.

Does anyone have an idea for tracking event channels? Is it just a simple as making sure we pull the report right after each event and saving it because the data may get altered in the future?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Which Channels Were Most Effective Getting Leads to Events

FYI. I moved your post to Products and Support​ section of the site where you might receive an answer sooner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Which Channels Were Most Effective Getting Leads to Events

Hi Salvador,

We also use UTM Parameters in our URLs and populate fields that are overwritten over time. In order to maintain this information over time, we have a flow step in the registration smart campaign for the event/webinar that says if their campaign = BlogPost1 for example, to add them to a static list for "Registrants from Blog". Then we can look back at that list and have a comprehensive view of where registration traffic came from even months later. Hope that helps!