Tracking source for arriving at landing page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking source for arriving at landing page

Hi!  I have a webcast registration landing page and form set up and am using the link for it in evites that I am sending to our database.  However, I have also paid to have an evite go out to a 3rd party's database and I'd like to track how many landing page visits and registrations come through this 3rd party evite since I need to track the ROI.  What is the best way to do this?  Thanks in advance for your help!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Tracking source for arriving at landing page

Hi Jennifer, an easy way to do this is with URL parameters and a hidden field on your form that will pick up the value in the URL. This Marketo guide will help you through the process. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory!  I've looked at creating unique URL for the landing page so I can use URL parameters but it looks like it will overwrite my existing URL (which I don't want to do, I want it to be in addition to the existing URL).  Do you know if this is the case?  It's an active even so I don't want to mess up what I already have in place.  
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you only have that URL at one third party location and you wouldn't mind changing your other links, then I'd suggest setting up a URL forwarder for the current URL that you have with the third party, updating the form to have the hidden field that will be captured by the new URL, and also use new URLs for any ways that you're pushing people to the page.

Without doing this, you won't really have any way to differentiate your traffic from the evite traffic.