Tracking metrics of non-Marketo emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking metrics of non-Marketo emails

Our marketing department would like to standardize on one system (i.e. Marketo) for communicating with our users. We currently send emails from our web app for things like user authentication and activity alerts that we'd like to track sent and open rates for but not neccessarily send these from Marketo natively.

Is there any link decoration or pixel tracking inclusion that I can do to have these activities appear in Marketo?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking metrics of non-Marketo emails

I don't think this is possible if the email is not sent from Marketo 

You could create the emails as Marketo emails, then use a Clicks Link Trigger campagins to send the message (assuming munchkin is on the page where the activity is being monitored.   Use the Constrant option if you want a repeated link from a particular web page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steve. Good suggestion on triggering the send programatically. These would need to have content served from our webapp, so I don't think native Marketo emails would be feasible.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chuck - Did you find a solution to this? We are looking for a way to track non-marketo emails too. Any feedback would be great! Thanks!