Tracking Form Fills from non-Marketo form that CAN NOT use Javascript.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking Form Fills from non-Marketo form that CAN NOT use Javascript.

We are trying something new using Googles Email based ads, the ones that appear at the top of your email in the promotions tab. In this ad we want to add a form, unfortunately we are unable to use javascript so simply dropping in the embed code will not be an option.

How might I be able to set up this initial lead capture form purely in html and have that information forward to a marketo form/lead capture. I was looking into Server Side form post, but am not sure that is the correct solution: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/server-side-form-post/

More information on the build specs can be found here: Gmail Custom HTML Ads - Display Specs Help

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tracking Form Fills from non-Marketo form that CAN NOT use Javascript.

Hi Stephen,

I haven't implemented this but do see clear instructions on the page how to do it. Just re-iterating couple of things -

• The Google Support Page that you have posted clearly states that you need to contact your Google Sales representative to enable this feature in your Ads account.
  • There are clear instructions mentioned on this page under the section - Optional: Add an HTML Form. The information would be passed back to the advertiser via GET or POST method.

If you have a front-end developer to help you out, it sounds pretty straight forward IMHO. Since none of us have access to your Google account, it would be difficult to give you 100% implementation.

That server side POST method does work, so you should be able to post the form data into Marketo. Test, test & test!!!

Thanks,

Maruti.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Tracking Form Fills from non-Marketo form that CAN NOT use Javascript.

Hi Stephen,

I have a suggestion, but it's something we used to do with forms 1.0, and I can't guarantee it will work exactly the same with forms 2.0.

Basically, you would create a form in Marketo and then put that form on a blank Marketo landing page.  Then approve and visit the live page.  From there you can look at the source code for the page by right clicking, and you should be able to copy the form code by taking everything from <form> to </form>.

This will most likely require you to have an experienced web developer to help get the code put in place, and troubleshoot any issue, if you're not familiar with web development yourself.

John