Track Users on external Landingpage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Track Users on external Landingpage

Hi,

I'm using Marketo in connection to SalesForce. I started a DirectMailing campaign with personalized Landingpages. These Landingpages are not in Marketo, they are on my Webserver, but I added the Muchkin Tracking code.
In SalesForce I already have a Field for the personalized URL. In Marketo I already have the Campaign, but I don't know how to connect the people from the Landingpage with the Users in Marketo (so that Marketo knows who visits the Landingpage).
Is there a way like to use a SmartList with the "Visit Web Page" and to get into the Value field the personalized URL from SalesForce?

Thanks for your Help!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Track Users on external Landingpage

If I understand your situation correctly, the Munchkin code should update the corresponding Marketo lead record with the Vist Webpage activity and the URL of the webpage.  However, the lead must. have clicked a link in a Marketo email or filled out a form on the landing page in order for it to update the corresponding Marketo lead record; otherwise it will create an unknown lead record. 

If the number of visitors is small, you may be able to manually match the unknown and known records after the fact using a smart list with a Visited Web Page filter and the Anonymous IP filter wtih the IP address of the unknown lead that visited the web page, you could then merge these records together.  Alternately, you could synch the personalized URL to the Marketo lead records and use that field as a filter with the Visited Web Page filter ("use ANY filters" option).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Track Users on external Landingpage

You may also need to use the "use Advanced filters" option with these other filters to get both the known and unknown lead to display.  You would do this by including the following filters with an OR operator between them:  "Is Anonymous: True" and "Is Anonymous: False".