SOLVED

Re: Track leads who visited 2 pages within same session

Go to solution
Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Track leads who visited 2 pages within same session

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it's possible to set up a smart list to track those who performed two actions on the same website session, when a Munchkin Tracking Code is in place on the website.

More clearly, I would like to track if people who visited a certain page (e.g. myhomepage.com/services) landed there from a specific section of the website (e.g. myhomepage/prices), within the same session.

Mentioning that:

- most probably leads for which I'd like to track the visits are not new, so a combination between Original Referrer +Visited webpage would not work here

- the aim is to track this through a smart lists for which I can set up a weekly subscription

Thank you so much,

Emilia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

"Referrer" is the constraint on 'visited web page' it's not the same as "Original Referrer" so a smart list of "Visited Web Page" with a referrer of your tracked page will actually give you exactly what you want without the need for timing or instance tracking -- it will purely track that click ONLY.

Screenshot 2018-02-06 14.26.03.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

You might want to expand a bit on the constraints relating to how you want them to interact. You could make it so they have to visit both pages to be added to the smartlist

pastedImage_0.png

But it isn't quite accurate since a period of time doesn't quite define a "session". Hope that helps somewhat.

Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Thanks so much for your suggestion, Justin!

This would not work much, as I need a weekly subscription to this smart list, and not a daily one.

Emilia

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Hi Emilia -

While you wait for an answer, have you considered updating your lead scoring model to give higher values for visiting these pages?

JD_Nelson

"Referrer" is the constraint on 'visited web page' it's not the same as "Original Referrer" so a smart list of "Visited Web Page" with a referrer of your tracked page will actually give you exactly what you want without the need for timing or instance tracking -- it will purely track that click ONLY.

Screenshot 2018-02-06 14.26.03.png

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

Ah I would have suggested that but I was confused and thought "referrer" was "Original Referrer".

This is the answer.

JD_Nelson

Another component to be aware of, when using this method, is that the click data is only really saved for 90 days (as indicated in the screenshot). You might consider tracking this in conjunction with 'Add to List' for future reference (especially when using with A/B tests)

Emilia_Chioncel
Level 2

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Nelson!

Emilia