Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Track Leads Referred by Partner

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Track Leads Referred by Partner

Hi All, we want to send out a unique URLs to our partners to promote our webinar sessions, and track the partner details within this lead.
Let's say the URL is build like this: pages.zerto.com/webinar?source=Partner&sdesc=Partner1. Any new lead fills out the form will get these values to "source" and "source description" fields. any existing leads won't. I'm trying to determine what's the best way to track those - Should we create a program per partner? a "referring" custom fields? I'm open to ideas..

Thanks!

Itay

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Track Leads Referred by Partner

The simplest and most robust solution would be SOAP API's getLead.
The fields would be populated if no value is returned.

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Is there a way to achieve this without SOAP API?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other option is populating custom fields, pass the values as URL parameters through tokens and then read those URL parameters into form hidden fields.

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Ok, this was my initial thought. The only thing I'm wondering about is tracking in Marketo / SFDC - should we track it by a custom field (something like "Referred by") or also program / SF Campaign (in addition to the webinar program) ?