Track and Send Creating Many Leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Track and Send Creating Many Leads

If we use track and send to send an email to an existing email address in SFDC, why is Marketo still creating a new lead for us? I thought that it automatically links to the lead/contact by email address.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Track and Send Creating Many Leads

I'm noticing this occurance also, how is this resolved?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't found a solution. Very frustrating...Marketo support wants screenshots but I haven't had it happen since my initial ticket.

On another note, Zena do you know the "easiest" way to merge those leads with their actual lead/contact ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I'm experiencing a similar problem: when a Sales Rep sends and tracks an email through the Outlook plugin, a new lead is created in Marketo with the first name being the beginning of the email address (ex: aquinn of aquinn@harmonyis.com) and the last name is MktUknown, even though the lead already exists in Salesforce and the email entered was exactly the same as the email of the lead that already exists in the system. We have no idea why this is happening, and it seems to be a new problem. Is this the problem you were having? How did you end up fixing it?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

It just kind of went away, maybe a bug? I'm not sure I remember if we opened a support ticket. We still get Mktuknowns when a user does NOT have a current contact/lead record in SFDC but that's expected behavior.