Top Performing Emails from API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top Performing Emails from API

Is there a way to use the SOAP API to get the top performing emails based on number of clicks and also for click-through rate?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Top Performing Emails from API

Hi Curtis,

I did some research on Marketo's API today. Unfortunately, it seems that reports are not something that can be pulled from the Marketo API at the moment - which is annoying.

Please do let me know if you find a way!

Thanks,
Brody

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to understand your use cases better.  Assume for a moment we had such API.

1.  What's the primary driver of needing to access this data via the API?
2.  Where would you to store the data?  In an Enterprise Data warehouse?

3.  How many API calls do you expect to make?  Assume there will be an API for each object (e.g. Email, Landing Page, etc.) that will return all stats given a specified timeframe for all or specific objects.
4.  Would you be using another BI tool to report on/consume this data, e.g. Cognos, Qlikview, Excel, etc?
5.  How fresh should the data retrieved via the API be? 1 day old?  near real-time?

TJ
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TJ,

For us, we'd use this for dashboarding or realtime data / periodical data. There are a variety of products that we could use to do the dashboarding, the only roadblock is the data access.

We wouldn't want to store this data ideally, just access it. I'd love to be able to send a request for "top performing emails" and get a list. Or a request for "top performing emails with open rate, click rate, unsubscribe rate over January 2013" and get that data back.

Thanks,
Brody

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd just like to echo that what Brody describes is exactly the situation I'm in.  I'd like to be able to dashboard the data through a minimal set of API calls.