Tokens not working in .ICS files?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens not working in .ICS files?

Has anyone else noticed that the tokens don't seem to be working in the ICS files? I use the Webex integration and my most recent webinars had funky ICS files.

I use the Create Token icon and the token appears correct, but when you get the ICS file you see the token text and not what the token is supposed to represent. So instead of seeing the name of the webinar host in your ICS file, you see "{{my.WebinarHost}}. I use tokens for the links and lots of information, so this is a big problem.

I have tested this in several calendar programs on both a Mac and PC and it seems to be broken in all.

Anyone else?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tokens not working in .ICS files?

Are you sending out a real email or a test email?  They won't resolve properaly in a test email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having kind of a similar issue.  The ICS token/file worked fine for my first test.  Then when I went to create a short webinar session on GTW for a more complete test program (so I could test post-webinar email functionality), the token doesn't change from what it was in the initial program.

Example:  I cloned "Program A" to  be "TEST Program A".  I created a new webinar session on GTW and integrated it with the "TEST Program A".  The schedule shows up correctly, etc.  I changed the values of the token for TEST Program A to reflect the day/time of the test webinar session.  But when I got through the flow, the values of the token don't change (they still give me a file from "Program A" - not the TEST).  And the link to the webinar in GTW is still the actual webinar time, not the test webinar time.

Not sure what else to do on this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheryl, to answer your question, this is happening in real emails, not test emails. And it has been on various email clients. Our office uses Lotus notes, but it has been wrong in Apple Mail and Gmail as well. Here is a screen shot.

0EM50000000QmqK.jpg

Incidentally, I have noticed that our webinar tokens are not showing properly in Sales insights in SFDC. They work for the Interesting Moment, but not for the email name. See two screen shots below.
0EM50000000QmqP.jpg
0EM50000000QmqU.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send me a link to the event where you have created this ICS file?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing. Does this work? https://app-sjp.marketo.com/#ME1897A1
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Carey,

I've noticed a couple of things.  First of all, you are not using the member.Webinar URL token in the ICS file or on your confirmation page.  Marketo has the ability to give the end user the unique url after registration.  It also looks like you hard coded the link.  Do you have an example where you did not hard code the link?  I just registered for this webinar and it seems to be working just fine. with how you have it set up.  If you have an example of one where it seemed to all be broken, please send that.

The user guide for the webex integration can show you how to set this up.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know when sales insight emails will be able to pull in ICS my.token calendar files? We are doing daily product demos and have a template our reps are using for outreach purposes...only thing is that the ICS diles are not pulling in.

thanks,

Adam