SOLVED

Tokens in Design Studio?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tokens in Design Studio?

Is there any way to use token functionality in landing pages that reside in the Design Studio? Or, can tokens only be used in the Marketing Activities side? Most of our landing pages reside in Design Studio and are not connected to programs and we are using snippets to update common numbers, copyright, etc but as you experts probably know already, using snippets for mass updating is not the most efficient of activities.

Thanks!

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Tokens in Design Studio?

Hi Claire,

Standard lead.tokens can be used anywhere you want, it's just the My.tokens that can only be used in assets that are children of the programs where the My.tokens live.

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Claire,

Standard lead.tokens can be used anywhere you want, it's just the My.tokens that can only be used in assets that are children of the programs where the My.tokens live.

John

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

The my.tokens can actually always be inserted in any email. The only thing that matters is if the campaign sending the email lives nested under some program/folder where that my.token is defined. As long as it is, it's not a problem for the email asset itself to live in the Design Studio.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Yes, thank you for that clarification.  I should have differentiated which assets I was talking about.

John

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

And because of that, it's actually strongly advised to use both the standard as well as programatic tokens in design studio templates to help build more scalable templates.

Positive side effect is that it forces more standardization in the team's practices within Marketo.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

I would recommend using Universal Tokens by creating them in Marketing Activities.
- Create some universal tokens and include them in your email / landing page template.
- When you have to use these assets, create a program in Marketing Activities, and build assets, using these templates.
- The assets will be able to pick the tokens which are included in the templates.