SOLVED

Time Zone default

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Time Zone default

I've changed the default time zone to be Eastern yet when I look to schedule an email campaign it is still only giving me a PST option and nothing else.  Didn't the Jan release address time zone?  Am I missing something?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Zone default

Yes, this answers it. I had set it only at the subscription level only thinking that it would change all the users, including mine, and make it the default.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jodi,

It sounds like you may have changed the default time zone for the subscription, but not for your account.

Here's how to check your personal time zone preference:
- click on your name
- click on "My Account"
- look at "Location Settings"

0EM50000000PrPU.jpg

In contrast, the subscription-level time zone is set via Admin > Location:

0EM50000000PrPZ.jpg

Please let me know if this addresses your issue.

Thanks!
Ei-Mang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this answers it. I had set it only at the subscription level only thinking that it would change all the users, including mine, and make it the default.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having the same problem. I kept changing the admin setting and couldn't figure out why. Thanks for the post Jodi and thank you Ei-Mang for the answer/instruction to fix this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is email send-time based on personal time-zone preference or the subscriptionl-leve time zone?  This has been confusing myself and team for a while . . . setting our personal time-zones does not seem to impact our option for email send-time.

Thanks!
Andrea
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jodi and Sean: sorry for the confusion! Just to give you some further context, the reason we don't want to automatically change all individual user's time zone preference if the subscription time zone changes is that it would wipe out individual's time zone preference who had purposely set it to be different. (The subscription time zone is what is used for the reports in the Analytics section -- so all users see the same date/time range and the same data. The subscription time zone is also used as the default time zone for any new users.) Hope that helps!

Andrea, yes, the email send time is based on the user's time zone preference. Can you please double-check the individual vs subscription time zone settings are set correctly (instructions/screenshots in my earlier post)? If that doesn't solve it, can you please post more details?

Thanks!
Ei-Mang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ei-Mang,

Thanks for your quick response!  I double checked my settings, and emails don't seem to be adjusting to my Personal Time Zone.  Here's what I have:

My Account Time Zone (Admin > Location > Default Location Setting) is set to (GMT-05:00) Eastern Standard Time (America/New_York)

My Personal Time Zone (My Name > My Account > Location Settings) is set to (GMT+11:00) Australian Eastern Dayilght Time (Australia/Sydney)

And when I go to schedule an email send, the time zone is set to "EST".  Maybe I'm missing something?

0EM50000000PrQw.jpg

Thanks,
Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

I've looked into your subscription. There is a bug where Australian Eastern Daylight Time is being incorrectly abbreviated as "EST" rather than "EDT". So, when you set your person time zone to Australian Eastern Daylight Time, the system is picking it up, but it's showing you the wrong abbreviation (which happens to match what your subscription time zone is). I've filed a bug and will work on getting this resolved soon.

In the meantime, I recommend that you switch your personal time zone back to America/New York just to make sure nothing goes out at the wrong time.

Thanks,
Ei-Mang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

I've spent some time with an engineer going through this issue. It turns out that our time zone abbreviation for Australian Eastern Daylight Time is "EST". I did some more testing and confirmed that the campaign scheduling (run once, as well batch scheduling) is working correctly, if the personal time zone is set as Australian Eastern Daylight Time.

For our Feb release, we will look at coming up with a way to make this more clear....but please rest assured that the system is picking up your time zone preference correctly. (Also, not that it justifies it, but it looks like Google uses "EST" for both Eastern Standard Time and Australian Eastern Daylight Time...)

Thanks!
Ei-Mang

0EM50000000Prda.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ei-Mang,

Thank you for clarifying, I really appreciate you looking into this!

Cheers,

Andrea