SOLVED

This email is in use - choose another email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

This email is in use - choose another email

Hi I keep getting the error "This email is in use - choose another email" - for two new users I want to add - both of whom defintiely are not in the system. I tested it with another fake email address and worked fine - any ideas?!

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This email is in use - choose another email

Ok way to do it if future people see this:

They had a salesforce insight email plug in license, and you can't have that then add them as a user for some reason. 

So I've had to revoke the outlook license, wait a few minutes, then add as a user, then add another outlook license

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James, chances are the emails are being used in another Marketo instance, perhaps they were in an instance with another company?

I've had the same issue a few times in both Marketo and Salesforce and that seems to always be the answer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lucas - I doubt it though as the email address used is for our company. No other possible reason?!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please log a support case.  We'll investigate
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - will do
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok way to do it if future people see this:

They had a salesforce insight email plug in license, and you can't have that then add them as a user for some reason. 

So I've had to revoke the outlook license, wait a few minutes, then add as a user, then add another outlook license