SOLVED

Text tokens in text email

Go to solution
Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Text tokens in text email

Does anybody have a way to include basic formatting (ie a line break) in a text token for a text version of an email?

We have a number of emails built using rich text for the html email, but need to use different tokens for the text only version to ensure that html code does not come over.

Thanks,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Text tokens in text email

Plain text emails cannot be styled.  The basis of a Plain text email is that it does not possess HTML or CSS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

If you are using the "Text" token under "My Tokens" in a program, you will need multiple tokens for the line break.

This text token strips all the HTML and it's truly a basic text token. Meaning, you can't style it or perform line breaks as you could with a "Rich Text" token.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Peter

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Jason If you want to use Text Token, then simply paste your script just like you type a name or any plain text. Although this may sound funny but this has been implemented a number of times by us and this works more accurately than Rich Text Token. Do try this and I'd like to have your feedback on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plain text emails cannot be styled.  The basis of a Plain text email is that it does not possess HTML or CSS.

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

The only type of styling/formatting I am looking for is line breaks.

i.e if you want to replicate a simple list, i would not want to create a token for each list item

Anonymous
Not applicable

intersting question....

give this article a read and see if this code will help.

How to enter line break into mailto body command | cubetoon.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plain text emails don't render HTML but the Marketo tokens will be populated in plain text in the plain text window in the gui.