Testing Landing Pages Without Compromising Conversion Reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Testing Landing Pages Without Compromising Conversion Reporting

Is it possible to fully test a landing page without impacting conversion reporting?

I like to test all landing pages (at least once, usually ends up being closer to 5 times) to ensure that the landing page works, and the resulting activity is what it's supposed to be. To test this, I have to fill out the form -- if I test/fill out a form in preview mode the ensuing triggers such as automated confirmation emails don't happen, so I have to fill out the form in production mode.

These form fills, of course, impact my landing lage conversion reports. Since landing page reports cannot be set up to filter out  specific email domians (such as my own), I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to test landing pages without impacting reports.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Robert_Solis1
Level 3

Re: Testing Landing Pages Without Compromising Conversion Reporting

Hi Steve,

One suggestion is to create an initial set of testing assets and once you've completed your testing you can clone all of them and then use the Clone as the live assets with Leads.  If you're making specific assets each time (Form, Landing, Campaign, etc) then you can have them all within a Program and then clone the whole Program so that you won't have to manually clone each asset.