SOLVED

Template Design Using Graphical Editing Functions Rather than HTML Code

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Template Design Using Graphical Editing Functions Rather than HTML Code

Marketo is suppose to be a user friendly tool, but I have not seen it.

We wanted to design a basic email template and we couldn't do it without a web designer. I propse that much like the email design function that you make a template design function where you can ask us how many colums we would like and how many rows then allow us to edit the spacing using a standard GUI.

Additionally, for company branding purposes it would be great to be able to fill in one of those editable sections with solid colors, based on HEX or pantone colors. 

Marketo claims that it is very intuitive but needs more work to hit that point.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Template Design Using Graphical Editing Functions Rather than HTML Code

Certainly a valid criticism; once the templates are set up (yes, by someone with HTML knowledge) Marketo is more user-friendly than many other enterprise MA providers in the market (trust me I've used them all).

I think they focus on making the parts of the application that are used most often easy to use; their idea being you only need to create templates every so often and then just create emails from those templates.

All this to say I agree with you and I wouldn't be surprised if they are working to make things better, either through a more intuitive interface or more templates available from their library.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Template Design Using Graphical Editing Functions Rather than HTML Code

Certainly a valid criticism; once the templates are set up (yes, by someone with HTML knowledge) Marketo is more user-friendly than many other enterprise MA providers in the market (trust me I've used them all).

I think they focus on making the parts of the application that are used most often easy to use; their idea being you only need to create templates every so often and then just create emails from those templates.

All this to say I agree with you and I wouldn't be surprised if they are working to make things better, either through a more intuitive interface or more templates available from their library.