SOLVED

Tasks Generated from Sales Insights

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tasks Generated from Sales Insights

Hi Everyone,

We are running into an issue with a process with Sales Insights.

We were looking to have tasks generated for our reps when they would send a 1:1 email from the Sales Insights and the recipient would click the link in the email.

This works fine when I say send an email to myself from the Database in Marketo, but nothing is happening when sent from the Sales Insights. Is this out of the ordinary or is this working correctly? Any work around ideas?

Thanks!

Alec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Tasks Generated from Sales Insights

Hi Alec - we may need more info here but I'm going to take a stab at it.

When you say you are creating tasks, I'm going to assume you are building a smart list in Marketo that is listening for sales to send an email, and for a recipient to click on that email, so that in the flow a task is created. Is this right?

The fact that you say it works if you send from Marketo but not from MSI hit alarm bells for me as those are two entirely different triggers. The smart list to get what you are describing to work would be entirely different for emails sent through Marketo or through MSI. If you want to trigger off an email sent through MSI you'd need a combination of "Sent Sales Email" and "Clicked Link in Sales Email". It sounds like you might be using "Sent Email" and "Clicked Link in Email" instead.

If I've misunderstood the problem, I need more info!

Veronica

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Veronica_Holme4

Hi Alec - we may need more info here but I'm going to take a stab at it.

When you say you are creating tasks, I'm going to assume you are building a smart list in Marketo that is listening for sales to send an email, and for a recipient to click on that email, so that in the flow a task is created. Is this right?

The fact that you say it works if you send from Marketo but not from MSI hit alarm bells for me as those are two entirely different triggers. The smart list to get what you are describing to work would be entirely different for emails sent through Marketo or through MSI. If you want to trigger off an email sent through MSI you'd need a combination of "Sent Sales Email" and "Clicked Link in Sales Email". It sounds like you might be using "Sent Email" and "Clicked Link in Email" instead.

If I've misunderstood the problem, I need more info!

Veronica

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Veronica,

Thanks for your input. You pretty much have the process nailed down! I was using the wrong triggers for emails.

The problem we are running into now is, when we are setting up our smart lists based on the emails in the MSI we are looking for clicks from, we aren't sure if we are selecting the correct emails. When I'm searching for the emails in the smart list, they end up having a series of numbers at the end of them. And say I search for the subject line of the email, which is unique, a large number of additional emails show up. So we are having difficutly picking out the correct emails. Is there a better way of making sure we are picking the right emails?

Thanks!

Alec

Veronica_Holme4

Glad that part worked!

Do you know I've never noticed that behaviour before! It's bizarre. I've just replicated what you've described in my own environment and I've logged a case with support. Happy to share the findings back here when I have some, or you could do the same, log it and see what they say.

Veronica_Holme4

I am not sure why (and I've queried it), but I've been told by support to just use the "contains" filter and it'll work. The generation of multiple entries in the list with the appended numbers is expected behaviour.