Re: task reassignment notification

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

task reassignment notification

Is there a way to notify an original task owner if the task owner was changed to someone else and in the alert, showing who changed it and who it was reassigned to?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sherry,

There is, but on your CRM side. Mkto only has the ability to create tasks, not switch ownership.
Anonymous
Not applicable

ssems like on the Marketo side you could have a flow-step after the task flow-step that sends and Alert...You could show new lead owner with tokens. Would that meet your business requirdments?
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Thank you Mark.  I tried to set up a flow that said when a task was updated, but there was no option to say when it changes, to send the alert.  Can you show me the set up? 

I started with a trigger of "When activity is updated" but there is no option to say "If rassigned or if owner changes" to send an alert with the tokens.  This is my issue.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Hi Jeff - I am not looking to switch ownership....I'm looking to be alerted if ownership changes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, now I think I get it. This is a fun one! How about adding them to a staic list when you assign the task and then if ownership changes and they are on that static list then trigger your exception reporting? Key here is to remove them from the list when the task is completed.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Hmmm, there are many tasks set up for everyone every day though, like every time a price page is visited for example. If they remain in the static list, wouldn't a notification still happen everytime ownership changes? 

What would the set up look like?  I can't locate the "if task ownership changes" for the adding to static list part